Protect Your End Of Life Care And Your Loved Oneswith Proper Estate Planning.
Your Will And Trusts Serve Many Purposes
A will is not simply for the distribution of accounts and property. Trusts are not just for asset protection. At Terrel B. DoRemus & Associates, we help people in Tulsa and throughout Oklahoma solidify their estate plans with personalized and straightforward guidance. As your lawyer and estate planning guide, Mr. DoRemus will gain an understanding of your unique needs and goals, and he will help you understand every option available to sustain and protect your best interests.
Your last will and testament is a vehicle to show your sentiments for loved ones and legally document your end-of-life wishes for each of the significant aspects of your life, including:
- Personal end-of-life care
- Accomplished through an attached letter of instruction regarding advance health care directives and financial and health care powers of attorney
- Care for minor children or dependent adults
- Accomplished through an attached letter of instruction regarding guardianship and conservatorship for those dependents
- A plan to distribute property and other assets
- A plan for succession of your business
- Designation of a personal representative or estate executor
Your estate executor will manage the distribution of assets, sale of property (personal and business), collection of debts, transition of trusts and filing of legal and tax documents required following your death.
An estate executor’s role is different from the role given by powers of attorney, which is meant for the person who will make financial and medical decisions on your behalf if you are incapacitated or otherwise unable to make decisions for yourself while you are alive. However, your estate executor and the person to whom you grant powers of attorney can be the same person.
Do You Need Trusts As Part Of Your Estate Plan?
You may need revocable and/or irrevocable trusts to protect the security and distribution of your estate assets during life and after death in the following circumstances and more:
- Ensuring the distribution of your assets to beneficiaries is as tax efficient as possible and avoids extra legal and court fees, even if your beneficiaries reside in another country
- Ensuring your estate avoids probate
- Expanding your wealth tax efficiently
- Protecting assets for children from a previous marriage
- Donating significant assets to charity
- Protecting assets to fund the well-being of a child or loved one with special needs in case of your death
We Will Help You Cover All The Bases
Please call us at 918-477-7709, or complete our online contact form to schedule a free initial consultation with attorney DoRemus at your convenience. We look forward to speaking with you.
Terrel B. DoRemus
Ricardo Lopez, Jr.
Legal Staff ( Bilingual)
Experienced Team Members Proud To Serve You
Our firm is kept small intentionally to provide you with personalized services that maximize the resources available to your case.