Traffic Violation Problems? Get The Charges Reduced Or Dismissed With Our Help.
Fighting CDL Drunk Driving Charges
Because of the greater size, passenger capacity and potentially dangerous loads in commercial vehicles when compared with passenger vehicles, there is a threat to both public safety and employer liability if commercial drivers drink and drive. Therefore, commercial drivers face lower thresholds for DUI charges than regular drivers:
- A commercial driver who is found to have a blood alcohol level of .04 percent and above will be considered to be impaired, and will be charged with DUI. That is compared with the .08 percent threshold of noncommercial drivers over the age of 21.
- Commercial drivers are not allowed to drive within four hours of drinking.
- Commercial DUI charges lead to longer license suspension times than regular DUI charges do.
- Refusing a breath test is the equivalent of pleading guilty to DUI for a commercial driver.
- Commercial drivers who receive a citation for traffic violations while driving their private cars must report this to their employers within 30 days.
- A DUI can mean job loss for a commercial driver, or an inability to get a new job.
If you’ve been charged with commercial driver’s license (CDL) DUI, you need a skilled attorney on your side with years of experience in Oklahoma DUI law. At Terrel B. DoRemus & Associates, we work tirelessly on behalf of our clients charged with CDL DUI to help get their charges reduced or dismissed where possible, and to help them keep their jobs.
Commercial DWI Representation
Other drugs besides alcohol can also impair a driver. For example, a driver found to have one of the following drugs in his or her system can face a DWI charge, which can lead to devastating consequences:
- Certain prescription drugs
At Terrel B. DoRemus & Associates, our Tulsa commercial driver’s license DUI/DWI lawyer is dedicated to helping our clients get the best resolution possible. We fight to help our clients keep their jobs, getting charges reduced or dismissed where possible. We can help you, too.
Get Help For A CDL DUI/DWI
We offer free initial consultations. If you are a commercial driver facing a CDL DUI, all is not lost. Contact us and find out how we can help you. Call 918-477-7709, or toll free at 918-477-7709 or use our contact form.
Terrel B. DoRemus
Ricardo Lopez, Jr.
Legal Staff ( Bilingual)
Experienced Team Members Proud To Serve You
Our firm is kept small intentionally to provide you with personalized services that maximize the resources available to your case.